Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter article and respecting beliefs article from AtheistNexus.org




EASTER TIME AGAIN
•Posted by Michael Penn on April 19, 2014 at 9:10am in Comedy
•View Discussions





   Jebus and his rabbit friend are back! Just last night I had that dream again. It was Jebus holding the Easter Bunny and the bunny had a basket, Both of them were waving at me. I wonder what it means?
   On TV there are programs talking about what Easter really means to us with christian apologetics coming into play about the 3 days in the ground, etc. Hey, wait. Jebus wasn't in the ground. He was wrapped up and laid in a tomb. How would that count? What kind of fulfilled prophesy is that?
   Even the Good Friday controversy. It was good that Jebus died for us. It was bad that he had to die. No, it was good that Jebus died for us. Yes, but so sad that he had to die. WTF? Make up your minds! This is like 2 bullies stealing a kid's ball and throwing it back and forth between them as the kid runs back and forth trying to catch it. What fun they are having.
   On the SBN they had something like Easter Campground. They would talk and pray and hear things like "Oh, sweet Jebus." It seems like they can't make up their minds either. I can imagine the heavenly scene where people face Jebus and tell him they love him and they were against it. Then he calls them hypocrites because without his death, he says,  they wouldn't be there. I wonder if they ever think of that one?
   So, I'm waiting for Sunday morning myself and wondering what will happen if he does see his shadow? I hope he doesn't see it because winter has been so long this year.
   On to serious celibrations of Easter, I can imagine the little tikes out in the grass hunting for those Easter eggs. Some of the eggs will get cracked and squashed, and some kids will step into something else too. (Hey, who let that dog in here?) The one with the most eggs gets sick.
   As to that Easter meal, many will be having ham as usual. That's a good choice, but what about having rabbit?
   To each his own. Happy Easter!
Tags:




 Like 
2 members like this
Share Twitter

 Facebook
 

Views: 26
▶ Reply to This



Replies to This Discussion
 Permalink Reply by Patricia 4 hours ago


This is a fun read!
•▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by sk8eycat 28 minutes ago


The only good thing about easter/oestre.....PEEPS!
•▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by Michael Penn 25 minutes ago


It all comes from paganism and whether oestre or easter (or even Ishtar) the damned theists just keep on doing the apologetic number making you believe what they say and literally making it anything that they want it to be.
•▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by sk8eycat 13 minutes ago


I can't believe what any theist says...half the time, when I'm confronted with their illogic, I can't help myself....I snort and giggle.  Makes life difficult around here sometimes as my younger sister (autistic/Asperger's) is a Jayz Witless. and Mother's Living trust left the house to both of us.
A couple of Crazy Old Cat Ladies....
•▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by Sentient Biped 6 minutes ago


That was a great post!

I like reading about all of the other spring festivals, renewal, regeneration, fertility, and the different ways that cultures have celebrated with enthusiasm and hope.  Christians have such a bloody and dysfunctional outlook, I'd rather avoid theres.

I will see if my partner will make garlic chive dumplings.  The plants are ready to harvest.  That would be awesome.

I have too much homework to do much.  I've been saying for a month I'll make a rhubarb pie.  I doubt it this weekend too.
•▶ Reply


http://www.atheistnexus.org/forum/topics/easter-time-again?commentId=2182797%3AComment%3A2411646&xg_source=activity



















Always Consider Beliefs
Posted by Mike Mitchell on April 19, 2014 at 9:00am
View Blog
.



I used to foolishly believe that I, as an atheist, and my friends, family, or colleagues who were Christians ultimately wanted the same things. I truly believed that, with the exception of “that one thing” (of course referring to the belief in God here), we were basically the same. After all, just because I don’t believe in God doesn’t necessarily mean that we can’t find common ground on just about everything else, right?
The more I have talked and debated with believers of religion however, I have come to find this not to be the case. On the contrary, the belief about which we differ is, quite simply, the most important and fundamental of all.
To be logically consistent with the Bible, the believer in God must necessarily believe that he is “better” than the non-believer. The believer spends his life trying to convert the non-believer and spread the gospel of Jesus. Why? Because the non-believer must believe, or he will not be allowed into Heaven. It logically follows that there is something wrong with those who do not believe. Their souls are in danger! They must be saved!
In other words, those same friends, family, and colleagues, whether they could or would admit it, must necessarily believe at a fundamental level that they are actually better as a person than I am. I have a real problem with that idea.
Shouldn’t I be overtly concerned about this? Doesn’t this mean that, at some level, I shouldn’t trust my Christian friends? Yes, at some level it does. Why would I want to trust and interact with people who believe that I am in some way defective and need saving? That said, we all live here on the same planet, and if I didn’t trust anyone, I would get very little done in my lifetime. After all, I am surrounded by theists and believers.
My position isn’t that you should stop interacting with all of your Bible-believing friends. It’s been my experience that most Christians are friendly and good enough people. They can generally be trusted with most things. For example, I entrust the care of my children to attend school with teachers and faculty who I know are Christians every day, I trust my Christian family in my home and personal life, and my Christian co-workers every day at my job. However, there is a limit to the trust and benefit of the doubt that I will give to my Christian believing friends, family, and colleagues. It stops when the stakes get too high.
The higher the stakes of the transaction, the more seriously you as an atheist must take into account the fundamental beliefs of the individual with whom you are transacting. Ignoring this can have serious consequences. Whether theist or atheist, you must decide for yourself how important your belief is to your life, and enter into agreements with full knowledge of where you and your partners, whether your spouse, siblings, parents, co-workers, or business partners stand. Marriages, businesses, and friendships have been built and have crumbled due to this lack of consideration.

Original post: http://www.logicalizer.com/always-consider-beliefs/

Views: 16






 Like 

.
Share Twitter

  

 

< Previous Post
..

Comment

You need to be a member of Atheist Nexus to add comments!
Join Atheist Nexus
.
 

 Comment by Napoleon Bonaparte 45 seconds ago
As you say, you are 'surrounded by theists and believers' and you have no choice other than to befriend and do business with these inferior cretins or face isolation. Your views are only relevant to others who live in these primitive theist communities. I was once considerate toward theists but now just knock them down and run them over because I don't fear them as you do. They are two-faced confidence tricksters, gutless wimps and sycophants who belong in concentration camps.
.

 Comment by Michael Penn 8 hours ago
""You’ve gotta respect everyone’s beliefs." No, you don’t. That’s what gets us in trouble. Look, you have to acknowledge everyone’s beliefs, and then you have to reserve the right to go: "That is fucking stupid. Are you kidding me?" I acknowledge that you believe that, that’s great, but I’m not going to respect it. I have an uncle that believes he saw Sasquatch. We do not believe him, nor do we respect him!"
Patton Oswalt, on people’s beliefs
.
 Comment by Loren Miller 9 hours ago
Consider them?  Of course.  Respect them?  Not a chance.
..


.
http://www.atheistnexus.org/profiles/blog/show?id=2182797%3ABlogPost%3A2409379&commentId=2182797%3AComment%3A2411514&xg_source=activity








Dear Readers,


Here are two articles from AtheistNexus.org that I found to be of interest. They always have interesting discussions and posts on there.  I must say that Napoleon Bonaparte who is a French atheist, his suggestion that theists are "two-faced confidence tricksters, gutless wimps and sycophants who belong in concentration camps" to be disturbing. Just because I may disagree with religious people doesn't mean that they should be systematically murdered for having beliefs that I don't hold to or agree with. I really think that maybe Napoleon should see a psychiatrist if he has thoughts like that.


Sincerely,


B.W.
































































No comments:

Post a Comment