Thursday, April 24, 2014

Another Puritan Hardrive Ad

The Puritan Hard Drive
" In the history of extra-biblical study and research tools there has never before
been a resource as useful as the Puritan Hard Drive".

Pastor Paul Washer
HeartCry Missionary Society

Click Here




As I've said before this whole idea freaks me out. I think that most Christians wouldn't bother to do extra-biblical study or research into the history of their own religion or Judaism. Seminary is the one place where so many religious people have their beliefs challenged. Most of the real Jesus' sayings are based on apocalyptic-thinking. Jews in 1st Century Palestine were convinced that the Messiah would soon come to establish the Kingdom of Yahweh and that all the Gentiles were going to be destroyed.  Feeding the hungry and taking care of the poor are good things to do of course, I could agree with the Biblical Jesus on that, however the historical Jesus said these things in light of the belief in an oncoming apocalypse. The War of Armageddon has been overdue for over 2,000 years. Don't the Jehovah's Witnesses and Evangelical Christians get tired of waiting for their earthly paradise to come or for Jesus to Rapture them up into Heaven? I know I did, and still would if I were a religious. I don't know if I would really want to live forever. Maybe a few hundred or thousand years, but not forever. I think it would get boring after a while. What if Yahweh says that he actually doesn't want people to live forever. The ancient Hebrews did not believe in an afterlife for quite some time, everyone went to Gehenna or the grave whether they were a good or a bad person. Eternal life sounds boring. I think knowing that life is most likely finite makes me treasure each day even more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment