Thursday, July 17, 2014

AtheistNexus.org discussion on homophobic passage in the Book of Romans






.




Because Men and Women Had Shameful Same Sex Lusts, God Created Them as Gay and Lesbian (Please Pick Me Up Off the Floor When I Quit Laughing)
Posted by James M. Martin on July 12, 2014 at 3:03pm in Sacred Texts
View Discussions
.




 






 Like 

.
Share Twitter

  

 

Views: 137

▶ Reply to This
..



Replies to This Discussion
 Permalink Reply by James M. Martin on Saturday


No, Freethinker, I was just joshing about Coulter, though she has an adam's apple as big as the Ritz. She certainly wasn't as "glamorous" as a young person, as you can see if I can attach the yearbook photo.
Attachments:ann-coulter-yearbook.jpg ann-coulter-yearbook.jpg, 58 KB

▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by Freethinker31 on Saturday

Actually   James  I think she looked  better in the yearbook photo.....You are being  too kind  on calling  her  glamorous now..,but  that  is exactly what  she is trying to be...The words that spew  out of her mouth  makes  her  unglamorous  in the worst way...
▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by James M. Martin on Sunday

I was joking, I hope. Beauty is skin deep. She obviously goes to great lengths to appear glamorous and I am sure some think she is, but not I. As with you, my opinion of her looks is completely spoiled by her behavior. Some might say she is just putting on an act to sell her stupid books. I do not see it that way. I think she is a whore for what I call the Koch Kabal, the top 1%. She would not have become as successful as she's been if she didn't pander to that crowd. Another one who makes her living the same way is Laura Ingraham. A few years ago when I saw Ingraham for the first time, I exclaimed, "Foxy Lady!" And then she opened her mouth.
▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by Michael Penn on Sunday

It's a funny take on Romans 1 alright, but I have to commend this person for their interpretation and a very good presentation as well. The irony here is that many gay and lesbian people, along with the rest of the transgendered crowd, insist that they have a right to worship god like anyone else. That really throws me.If it's obvious that your god is starting to hate everything that you do, that's a pretty clear sign that god doesn't exist. You just made him up.
▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by James M. Martin on Sunday

The sexual minorities might have chosen any god or goddess for their own. Since I have studied mythology extensively, I could name several starting with Pan, Priapus, and even, in the Hindu pantheon, Shiva. But no, they go on believing in the deity of their parents' choosing. To me, a gay Christian who actually believes is a fool.
▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by Brian George on Monday

Ha Ha this video threw me for a while. I thought "why is there a woman in the video when a man is speaking"? Then I noticed that the audio / video were slightly out of sync, and it hit me that it WAS the woman speaking!
She is spot on though in that you have to go back in Romans to get the true context of verses 21-26. I think I'm going to start calling the ones that like to cherry pick the verses to make their point, quiptians. They only present the "good stuff", and leave out anything that could lead to intellectual debate as to the full context of the verse(s).
▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by Christine 8 hours ago

I can't seem to get the video to work (uploads too slowly).
I had posted about this part of the bible a while back, and am confused. My MIL says that she and her study group, along with the gay parishoner, discussed Romans, but she never summarized the discussion. But she's clearly very much opposed to the lifestyle.
So maybe one of you can explain? God made people gay on account of them already having these desires?? Guess I'll have to consult my SAB tonight.
▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by James M. Martin 5 hours ago

Kind of irrational isn't it?
▶ Reply






http://www.atheistnexus.org/forum/topics/because-men-andw?commentId=2182797%3AComment%3A2447949&xg_source=activity






What I find interesting is that this gay parishioner who attends a study group with Christine's mother-in-law that discussed the Book of Romans which has some very homophobic passages. Why is he involved with a fundamentalist Christian denomination that will only allow him as a member if he promises to lead a life of romantic and sexual repression until death? What good reason does Christine's mother-in-law have to be "opposed" to the "lifestyle" of gay people anyways, other than Yahweh " doesn't like it"? Homosexuality isn't a "lifestyle" and it sounds to me like this gay man needs some accepting and supportive friends who don't care if he loves and has sexual relationships with other men. Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment