Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Steve Wilkos : Woman who raised a child with a gay man-- Continued

Dear Readers,






I only caught a glimpse of the "Steve Wilkos" episode on heterosexual women who supposedly raise children with a gay man without knowing their husbands or boyfriends were gay. Steve asked the first man if he was "straight", the man said "Yes". His wife accused him of spending more time with his best friend than with her. I think it's possible that he is gay but is in denial about it, I was busy doing something else, so I wasn't paying attention. I definitely think that he might have been gay but he is likely trying to hide it.  If he is gay, his "wife" needs to let him go and she needs to find herself a straight guy to marry and he should go find himself a boyfriend if you ask me because that would seem to be what they need, if they want a relationship with someone so bad. As a heterosexual woman, I'm lucky that I don't have to hide my sexuality or have to repress it because I fear how others would treat me or because some religious figure automatically accepts the views of ancient persons with a limited understanding of the world.








Later, I saw my husband watching "Hardcore Pawn" and Les the father was asking this one black woman if she was a drag queen after trying to sell him a piece of jewelry because she started acting crazy and started to pull of her clothes. She insisted that she wasn't a drag queen, she was all woman. Well, apparently this woman and Les are ignorant as to what drag queens are. Drag queens aren't the same as transgendered people. Drag queens are show people who cross dress. Their usually cisgendered and heterosexual surprisingly enough. Transgendered woman consider themselves to be "all woman". A person's gender identity is psychological, not just physical. I accept transgendered women as being all woman just as much as I consider myself to all-woman.  Just because you physically look like a woman, it doesn't that you psychologically identify as a woman.  Why do people have to stereotype the sexes so much? Willful or careless ignorance on subjects that you don't understand is never a good thing. Think about it.


Sincerely,


B.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment