Thursday, May 15, 2014

Muslima ad and a comment on Muslims by me

Muslima . com

International Muslim Matrimonials
Meet Muslim Singles!

Join Free Now








Dear Readers,


I've addressed this ad before. I find it abominable that Islam allows child-marriages. I'm not the greatest fan of polygamy either due to it's sexist connotations. Polyamory, I would be okay with as the sexes of each partner are usually treated equally in such relationships. I recently read a video description on AtheistNexus.org about how "peaceful" Muslims are in the Middle East. I find it sickening that Muslims in the U.K. try to pass Sharia laws in their own communities and that they are ALL, apparently prejudiced towards sexually-active members of the LGBT community that are in same-sex relationships as reports have indicated.  Granted, I know not all Muslims are like that, but a great many are, unfortunately. The violence perpetrated against young girls wanting to get an education or ex-Muslims who just want to live their lives in peace is just astounding. There really are not any words that I could use to describe my disgust and shock over the actions of many Muslims.








I may know very little about Islamic history and theology, but what I do know, I can say that I have not been impressed with much of what I have discovered. What about Muslims in Sweden which is the most non-religious country in the world starting pogroms against the Jews? I consider myself to be a cultural Jew by choice, while being an atheist. There are other atheists out there who choose to become cultural Jews, you know. It's rare, but it does and can happen.  What would happen if I were living a Sweden? I could be harassed and even attacked just for calling myself a cultural Jew. My dad has a lot of Jewish blood in him and he would say that he identifies with some aspects of Judaism, though he is a Seventh-day Adventist.  I could never be a Muslim, do to the fact that I don't believe Allah/Yahweh exists and don't find him to much of a moral deity. Well, thanks for reading!


Sincerely,


B.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment