Friday, May 16, 2014

Sibling abuse

Dear Readers,




Sibling abuse? Have you ever experienced it? A friend of mine where I live in New York City ( I will be briefly staying with a cousin in Detroit this summer), in her neighborhood a young severely autistic boy injured his back when one of  his older sisters pushed him down the stairs of their home and he has been placed in foster care. Their mother is a drunk who was in an abusive relationship.  I don't know the family very well, but the particular sister, according to my friend was psychologically , emotionally and physically abusive to him.  She would call him a "worthless retard" and other cruel names as my friend told me. She would even call him such names in public, right in front of people. Believe me, there is a difference between sibling rivalry and sibling abuse.   The abusive sister seems like a psychopath to me, she seems to have no compassion or empathy at all for her brother. I'm glad that she may hopefully go to prison. Let the evil little demon see what truly sadistic people are like.






I know of people who have experienced outright abuse from their siblings and their parents or other legal guardians just viewed it as "sibling rivalry". No, a child whose older sibling beats the living heck out of them to the point that they are scared to go home, that's not "sibling rivalry", that is abuse. I think if your an adolescent child or a teenager and you have a sibling, whether older or younger, usually older and their hurting you, you should tell your parents or other legal guardians. If your parents or other legal guardians won't properly handle the situation, I would urge you to immediately contact the police.  No one deserves to be abused by a member of their family or anyone else.  Think about it.


Sincerely,


B.W.

No comments:

Post a Comment