Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Talk discussions that bothered me on November 14th, 2013

On the reality-show " The Talk" some celebrity guy cheated on his wife and doesn't think monogamy is natural. I agree. The Talk hosts all stated that they think cheating is wrong. I agree but one black woman said she thinks polygamy is wrong and another woman said that you should strive to be faithful to your spouse when you marry for life.  I disagree with that one woman that polygamy is wrong in the sense of dating more than one person at the same time.  I disagree with polygamous marriages with a man exclusively being allowed to have more than one wife but that the wives can only have one husband. I disagree with this woman that dating and having sex with more than one person at the same time is 'wrong'.  I don't think it is 'wrong'. Monogamy should not be the 'standard' for all relationships because in all reality, it isn't. I don't encourage promiscuity or cheating. You can be faithful to numerous persons or to one person depending on your preference of relationship status.
Besides, the black female co-hosts are religious and doesn't the Bible support polygamous marriages? Yes, it does! Read the stories on David and Solomon. They were polygamists as was Abraham. So, the Mormons are right that Yahweh endorses polygamy much to ignorance of these women.  I am an ex -Latter-day Saint, so I know what I am talking about.


Another comment they made that if someone found 90,000 dollars that Yahweh 'must want them to have that money for their children'. If it belongs to someone else than shouldn't their money be returned to them. Why would the Abrahamic god have people find 90,000 dollars when children in Africa are starving to death?  Why would he grant someone well-to-do more money when other people are in much more desperate need?  The woman who found this money on the street , I think gave the money to a Rabbi. Why does he need it? He doesn't need it if you ask me.  I wouldn't give it to a rabbi even though I am into secular Jewish culture. I would try to find the owner and return their money to them. Rabbi's get their money from their congregation's members and that should be enough for them. I don't believe Yahweh grants those people money for their children. That is thievery. Thievery is wrong and even the Jewish and Christian religious texts condemn stealing.  I, being an atheist would return the money to it's owner if possible or donate it to charity if the owner cannot be found and would not keep it for myself as I am doing just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment