Monday, October 19, 2015

A response to JWsurvey commenter," Pickled brain's" comment

 Pickled brain says:
 October 19, 2015 at 1:07 am

@Donald duck & @Joe Smith .. & Excelsior
 JESUS said at GENESIS 19v4-6 …GOD made MALE & FEMALE in the BEGINNING !!
 Also the Apostle Paul Condemned Homosexuality … MEN who Lie with MEN & also Women who Lie with Women ..,
 It is UN-NATURAL…. The HUMAN RACE wouldn’t have STARTED & COULD NOT Have CONTINUED!!!
 .., OHhhh DEAR … I AM WAITING TO BE SLAUGHTERED for this …IF SO??
 I WOULD Prefer EXECUTION on a CROSS rather than a STAKE as it SHOWS OFF ..MY TORSO BETTER!!
 I EXPECT to be CENSORED for This as it Probably goes against the Rules on this SITE!!
 I
 Why Don’t FAT HOMOSEXUALS have a SENSE of HUMOUR….
Ohh ! OHhh … I FEEL the KNIVES COMING OUT FOR ME!!
 I Would Like Engraved on my HEADSTONE …
MONTY PYTHON RULES…. MAY PICKLED BRAIN BE RESURRECTED!!
Reply
 
 
http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/the-tight-pants-rule-wearing-disturbing-clothing-gets-you-banned-from-preaching#comments





This comment was written by a "JWsurvey" commenter who had been making inappropriate comments about overweight people.  As for his comments about homosexuality, what testable proof do you have that Yahweh "made male and female in the beginning"?  I could care less about the Apostle Paul of Tarsus's condemnation of homosexuality.  Homosexuality is quite natural.  It exists in non-human animals and exists in all cultures. Yes, some men lie with men and some women lie with woman, but so what?  Why is it your business what consenting adults do in private? He makes the  common argument about how the humans race "wouldn't have started and could not have continued" if the whole world was LGBT.  Well, Pickled brain, LGBT are a minority. Even if the whole world was same-sex attracted, men could still have procreative sex with women to keep the world going.  I'm sure at least some of those kids would turn out to be heterosexual, then those heterosexual kids could pair up as adults and have kids.  What would an apocalyptic Jewish preacher and faith healer like  Jesus have known about marriage anyway, he wasn't even married.




Paul wasn't married, most likely due to his apocalyptic beliefs.  He wished that all men could have been celibate like he was.  He may have been a closeted gay guy for all we know.  I don't agree with Paul's views on homosexuality, just like I don't agree with his views about any subject really, whenever I read the Christian scriptures. Paul certainly doesn't have any authority over me, if he we alive, I'd question him on his assertions, not just about homosexuality, but every claim he made.  This is the dude that met Jesus' biological brother James and thought Jesus' message should be spread to the Gentile world., I wonder what a devout 1st century Jew with such apocalyptic views like Jesus who seems to be rather dismissive of non-Jews in the Gospels and probably would have been that way in real would have thought of Gentiles converting to his sect?  I think he would be appalled by Christianity and would condemn it as being a perversion of Judaism, that is essentially what was done if you know about the history of the Christian religion and how it strayed so much from its Jewish roots. 


What would Christianity have been like if the Jewish Christians had dominated the conversation?  Christianity might have died out, if it had survived, it may have been fundamentalist maybe not, who knows, but how would it have fared against the changing Jewish culture in the long run? I doubt any wants to crucify Pickled brain.  Would anyone even want to see his torso, even if he were crucified upon a cross, I personally wouldn't want to.  I cannot speak for anyone else, but I don't think that his comment is funny in the slightest bit.


Sincerely,


 B.W.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment