Monday, December 15, 2014

More infor on AtheistNexus member with an autsitic JW sister

Permalink Reply by sk8eycat 9 minutes ago

There is a local office called BTAC, Burbank Temporary Aid Center, where I am allowed to get free food once a month....and a voucher for part of my utility bills once a year.  And free (white) bread whenever.  IF I can get somebody to drive me there and back.  Almost everyone I used to know in town has either moved out of state or died.....
There is a senior/disabled bus service that costs very little, but I need to use a walker, and I can't do that AND drag my little shopping cart at the same time.  I need someone to go with me....and I'm reluctant to ask the same 2 or 3 people to drive me, or ride with me every single time.  Maybe when Sue is recovered from her hip surgery in another month or so.
It's partly my own fault.  BUT I'm hoping to get caught up once the Mastercard debt is finally paid off.
Grace's "church" doesn't do Jack Schidt for her.....her Avon Lady is another JW, and the poor woman is working 3 jobs now....doesn't even have time to take Grace to their "buybull study" meetings, and she sometimes won't come in the house if I have a Harry Potter (or some other Fantasy) book or videotape in sight...
I need to find a social worker who can tell me where to go and when....and my congressman does have an office here in Burbank.  I think I'll start with him.  Tomorrow.

▶ Reply
http://www.atheistnexus.org/forum/topics/robert-ingersoll?commentId=2182797%3AComment%3A2520105&xg_source=activity




So, Sk8eycat's (Felaine) sister is named Grace. Her Avon lady is also a JW? Not surprising.  JW's are really only supposed to associate with other Jehovah's Witnesses anyways.  The Avon woman can't take Grace to Bible Study meetings, which are a mandatory religious observance that JW's must attend if they are able to.  Grace's Kingdom Hall won't help her? Not surprising there. A lot of JW's are poverty-stricken, so it would be difficult to financial assist someone else when your in a rut.  My JW relatives are pretty well-off but nowhere near as self-righteous as my JW mother is. The Avon JW lady won't go into their house if Sk8eycat is reading Harry Potter novels or some other Fantasy book or film in sight.  This sounds like good old-fashioned JW intolerance and paranoia, they never fail you on that.  People wonder why I always wanted to leave the Jehovah's Witness since I was really young. Well, that is just one of the reasons. Grace is lucky that Felaine is an atheist. I wonder how the JW's would react if they lived with an Orthodox Mormon , a Seventh-day Adventist or a Southern Baptist or an proselytizing Roman Catholic like my one aunt?  Orthodox Mormons who are fundamentalists wouldn't tolerate the JW's pushiness for instance because the Orthodox Mormon would insist that they have the "truth" and would try to convert the JW person to Mormonism as much as possible.




Well, my Roman Catholic aunt, she is always try to convert my JW mother.  I doubt it will happen.  You almost never see Roman Catholics proselytize. Well, you haven't met my aunt.  She'd try to convert anyone that she might think she would be able to persuade in embracing Roman Catholicism.  Anyways, I feel for sk8ey cat's situation and hope that she can get some assistance soon with shopping and other necessities.  She's 74 years old, I think. Maybe her friend Sue that she speaks of will be able to help her out a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment