Sunday, October 5, 2014

Could some manipulative JW women be seducing non-JW men to convert them into the Organization ?





Dear Readers,


Here is a blog post from AtheistNexus.org about a young man named Autumn from the U.K. who has fallen in love with a JW woman whose family doesn't want her to speak ho him, especially since he recently decided to openly challenge her chosen religious beliefs and practices after she revealed her religious identity to him and told him that they can only be together if he converts into the Organization/JW denomination.

























































Jehovah's Witnesses seducing people to convert them?
Posted by Autumn on October 5, 2014 at 6:31pm in Theism, Deism, & All Things Religious
View Discussions
.



So I've been talking to this girl for a few months, and we've fallen in love, and it turns out she was secretly a JW all along, now yeah, I get why she'd hide it, sure, but she's been trying to just convert me, she started out just trying to talk to me about her religion, but then I started picking holes in it, and now she's saying her family are making her stop talking to me just beause I'm not a JW and she's saying that if I do become one, we can be together.
I'm just wondering, has anyone else experienced a JW seducing someone then trying to convert them using their sway over them?
Tags: JW, Jehovah's witness, christianity, converting, jw



 Like 
1 member likes this
.
Share Twitter
  



Views: 51
▶ Reply to This
..


Replies to This Discussion
 Permalink Reply by Patricia 7 hours ago


Whatever gets them their own way I suppose......why am I not surprised?
▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by Nick Bottom 6 hours ago

Wow. I don't often give personal advice, but you better dump this girl ASAP. Not because she's a JW, but because she is a liar.

My former housemate was a JW, but never tried to push anything on me. He didn't mention it until after he moved in, but I eventually kicked him out because he was lazy and selfish.
▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by Loren Miller 6 hours ago
I would drop her like a bad habit, and if she asks why, I would point out her attempt to convert you to the Witnesses, and ask her about her motivation. I realize this may be painful, but I also have to wonder about her honesty now and what the impact of that honesty or lack thereof might be later.
▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by Čenek Sekavec 6 hours ago

I forget who wrote, "Love is our involuntary response to virtue"
What virtues does this girl have? Is she honest? Brave? Compassionate?

▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by Patricia 6 hours ago

Well honesty doesn't seem to be part of the mix......
▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by Loren Miller 5 hours ago
Ummm, STRIKE THREE!!
▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by Deidre 5 hours ago
I've dated Christians since deconverting but rarely. And yes, they try to preach and recruit. My thing is ...if you love your faith, awesome! Why do I have to sign up? Lol that's the problem with religion. It rarely stays private, it's often intrusive. Sorry that happened! (I only date atheists now lol)
▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by Michael Penn 4 hours ago

Perhaps she thought you would convert and then everything would be easier in the romance department for her. These young JW girls are not so openly liked by everyone if their beliefs are known. She may have cared for you but the going along seemed clumsy even to the both of you. JW's normally hang around only their own people, and they are not supposed to even have dinner with you if you are an outsider. I'm an exception to that rule because I am known to them. My grandfather was a JW along with his oldest son, my uncle. They are both dead now but I get along with JW's (and know about them) because I'm from that family.
Many strange beliefs in the cult of JW's but the religious world hates them mostly because they deny humans have a soul that instantly flitters around someplace like a butterfly once the body dies.
They also do not share the common myth of everybody going to heaven at death either.
Modern theists want to have their cake and eat it too.
▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by roland707 1 hour ago

If somebody loves you, they won't make a relationship conditional on converting. Sounds like a bad deal.

This reminds me of a funny story. I'm from Alabama and was living in Idaho with my first wife (total kook, BTW). Someone knocked on the door one day and it was a man and woman, and this woman was stunningly gorgeous. They asked if I had a few minutes to talk. I let them in. They started chatting with me and the wife. As soon as they said they were JW, my wife disappeared to another room. They hung around a while, and even though they were a married couple, that lady was awfully flirty.
They told me their spill. I gave a lot of "uh-huh, is that so?, really? I be danged, that's interesting, hmmm" kind of responses. After about 15 minutes they left. My wife reappeared. She was absolutely LIVID that I talked to them because talking to them will cause a person to "Burn in Hell!" She knew all about that, being a non-practicing but still worrying southern Baptist. Well, I knew what I had to do. The next time they knocked on the door........... I let them in again! Did it about five times. It was great wicked fun! I finally asked them not to come back (mainly because they seemed nice and I was wasting their time). I know, I'm a bad person.
So that was a little off topic, but it seemed like this couple was halfway trying to recruit using the woman's looks and flirtiness. They were probably desperate for people to join in the heart of Mormon-land. I wouldn't put any tactic past any religious person. In comparison to killing people over religion, using sex to promote it seems trivial.

▶ Reply

 Permalink Reply by Plinius 7 minutes ago

I guess you fell out of love in three seconds...
▶ Reply

                






























 http://www.atheistnexus.org/forum/topics/jehovah-s-witnesses-seducing-people-to-convert-them?commentId=2182797%3AComment%3A2484595&xg_source=activity               
























Well, I am an ex-Jehovah's Witness.  JW's are discouraged from marrying people outside of the Organization.  This woman may be trying to seduce this man called "Autumn" in an attempt to convert him into her specific denomination of Christianity. However, Autumn is an atheist who does not have a very positive view of organized religion and he clearly does not agree with the beliefs and practices of the Jehovah's Witnesses.  This woman has shown herself to be dishonest, which should tell him that she is not the right person for him to be in a relationship with.  What do you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment